Would you like to be able to set up and run a blog with a web address of your own choosing?
Understand how a basic web page is constructed and maybe be able to do that yourself?
Not everyone is fortunate enough to have in-depth digital experience and qualifications.
However, digital skills to any extent are valuable in today's online world.
For those who would like to start the journey, 'digital hands on' is a great way to develop some practical skills.
In future posts I will outline:
- Getting a URL (website address)
- Opening an account with a web hosting provider (a small investment, somewhere to host your website or blog files)
- Downloading and setting up FileZilla (FTP Client) and Notepad++ (a capable text editor), both free!
- Downloading and configuring WordPress (the most popular blogging platform and basis for many websites, it's also free!)
- Set up Facebook page (not the same as your personal Facebook account) and Twitter account (both free too!)
- Downloading and setting up GIMP for image manipulation (free!)
- Suggestions on learning some html and css - always helpful in any website work
- Learning to embed photos and video in WordPress
- Building a basic web page from native html and css